We are currently seeking one Field Biologist to be located in or near the Essex and/or Chatham-Kent areas and one Field Biologist to be located in or near the Grand Bend area, with regular travel to nearby project sites. Each position consists of an as-needed contract anticipated to be approximately 40 hours per week but may vary depending on work task requirements, with an expected start date of April 28th, continuing until October 31st, 2021.
The successful applicants will conduct biological field monitoring, primarily consisting of bird and bat mortality searches at operational wind energy facilities. These positions will allow the biologists to gain valuable experience in visual bird and bat identification, as well as with data collection and analysis.
· Experience with visual identification of birds and bats and with the use of handheld GPS units and compass is preferred, however not mandatory;
· Ability to keep well-organized and detailed field notes;
· Ability to work cooperatively as part of a field team, as well as independently;
· Willingness to work potentially long hours under variable field conditions. Occasional work on statutory holidays will be required. Physical fitness is an important component of this position and candidates should be comfortable walking for several hours each day and on uneven terrain; and
· Good work ethic, dependability, excellent communication, and a positive attitude.
Position Type: Full-time contract
Duration: April 28th – October 31st, 2021*
Location: Essex/Chatham-Kent Area or Grand Bend Area, Ontario
Key Requirements; Valid driver’s license; Standard First Aid and CPR certification
Salary: $18-$20 per hour (commensurate on experience)
Submit to: email@example.com
Interview Dates: To begin immediately. Any applications received after the initial interview process has begun will still be considered and kept on file if subsequent rounds of hiring or additional positions are needed.
*Although NRSI expects the work for these positions will be conducted in 2021, there may be circumstances associated with COVID-19 that impact our ability to complete the work. NRSI will be accepting applications for the positions, but please note there is a possibility the contracts will not be awarded or could be delayed.
Natural Resource Solutions Inc. (NRSI) is an environmental consulting firm with offices in Waterloo, Ontario and Calgary, Alberta. Our staff consists of terrestrial, wetland, and aquatic biologists and ecologists with expertise in the identification and management of significant and sensitive natural species and their habitats. NRSI provides a range of services in the following areas:
· Vegetation and Wildlife Ecology
· Fisheries and Aquatic Biology
· Wetland Studies
· Naturalization and Ecological Restoration
· Woodlot and Tree Studies
· Environmental Impact Assessment
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.