ReForest London (RFL) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing environmental and human health in the Forest City. As London’s largest environmental not-for-profit organization, we plant, care for, and give away thousands of trees each year. We are a founding partner of London’s Million Tree Challenge and actively developing London’s first environment and sustainability centre, the Westminster Ponds Centre. Our passionate staff and volunteers work to inspire, educate, and empower Londoners to plant and care for trees, creating a sustainable future for our community.
Websites: reforestlondon.ca and westminsterpondscentre.ca
Location: London, Ontario (hybrid)
The Engagement Coordinator reports to the Director of Advancement and works closely with program managers and other team members. The Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to manage all program volunteers. In addition, this position oversees the Grassroots fundraising portfolio, which includes community booths and the Celebration Forest program. The job is a full-time, 5-day-per-week (37.5 hours/week), one-year maternity-leave coverage position.
- Recruit individual and group volunteers using online community calendars, e-newsletters, emails, the website, posters, social media, and other platforms.
- Manage the volunteer registration processes and improve registration systems.
- Develop training tools (webinars, quizzes, videos, etc.) for volunteer roles in the organization, such as Planting Leaders, Community Tree Specialists, Community Liaisons, and others. Promote and deliver online and in-person training.
- Develop formal volunteer role descriptions for all volunteer roles.
- Manage volunteer data using our Customer Relationship Management database (Sumac).
- Perform ongoing volunteer stewardship, including regular communications, stewarding volunteers into new roles, and supporting the training and development of skills.
- Perform volunteer recognition and retention activities, such as volunteer recognition events.
- Evaluate the volunteer program, including surveying volunteers about their experience.
- Organize and participate in community events.
- Design and develop new displays and promotional materials using digital design software (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Canva).
- Schedule and train volunteers to help cover the events.
- Promote programs to appropriate audiences.
- Manage the e-commerce platform on our website used by the public for Tree Gift, Sponsor a Tree, and other donations.
- Input donations received in-person or by phone.
- Recognize donors and honorees, and ensure effective tracking of donations through our CRM database.
- Plan the annual tree planting event ceremony in Celebration Forest, in collaboration with planting program staff.
- Work with our staff to develop and implement social media and digital communications strategies for our programs.
- Support the ReForest London Board of Directors through volunteer stewardship and retention tactics, including surveys, the development of training, and online file management and task management systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Work with ReForest London?
- Flexible work schedule and hours
- Balance of in-person and remote work
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 3 additional days off, during our office closure in late December
- Paid sick days
- Healthcare spending account
- We value and support professional development
- An ongoing commitment to create an inclusive and equitable environment for employees, volunteers, and supporters, and our community through our work
- We are a growing organization with exciting new projects, offering new experiences and opportunities for community impact and cross-sector collaborations
- Positive team environment; we live on a diet of optimism, chocolate, and tree puns
- Working in the middle of a forest: Westminster Ponds is surrounded by beautiful trees and nature
- Degree or diploma in liberal arts, not-for-profit management, event planning, human resources, marketing, education, environment, or a related field
- A post-graduate or continuing education certificate in Volunteer Management would be an asset
- Non-profit experience, event planning experience, and experience working with and training volunteers are strongly desired
- Ontario “G” driver’s license and access to a car are required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, as all staff assist with tree unloads during planting season
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Highly developed communications and people skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Microsoft Office Suite, Google Calendar, Canva, MailChimp and general web skills
Anticipated Start Date: Early-to-mid June
Type of Position: Full-time 1-year maternity leave coverage position
Compensation: $42,000 per year
Please submit a cover letter, addressed to Rodger Moran, Director of Advancement, your resume (in either PDF or WORD format), and cover letter here (https://airtable.com/shr8Xrdtrqhxu7PI8). Applications close Friday, May 19th at 5:00pm. Only those called for an interview will be contacted.
ReForest London is committed to the diversity of its board, staff and volunteers. Like a forest that thrives best when it is comprised of many different kinds of trees, ReForest London thrives and gains strength from the differing perspectives, insights and experiences a diverse group provides. We acknowledge the systemic discrimination experienced by many. We welcome applications from women, members of racialized groups, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Thanks for your interest in our mission and for making your community a better place!
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.