Are you interested in joining a diverse team who are leading innovative research in the Western Arctic? Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) invites applications for the position of Research Manager in Inuvik, NT. Under the guidance of the Director of Innovation, Science & Climate Change, the Research Manager will be responsible for supervising all internal research and monitoring activities focused on Inuvialuit social, cultural and economic conditions. This position will support the IRC research program by overseeing the study of potential resource development, climate change, energy security, marine, health, social, cultural and economic conditions throughout the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR).
• Participate in the development and evaluation of the Inuvialuit Research Agenda;
• Work with stakeholders and licensing bodies to ensure IRCs research policies, best practices, guidelines, agendas, processes, and priorities are adopted by all researchers conducting their work in the ISR;
• Promote all aspects of internal research programming including office management, financial planning, and general administration;
• Identify, secure, and manage funding for research opportunities and capacity that meet Inuvialuit research interests and needs;
• Provide strategic direction towards management of the Inuvialuit Social, Cultural and Economic indicators website, other data platforms and websites;
• Effectively manage, mentor and foster growth of all IRC research staff;
• Develop communities’ and region’s capacity to use and understand demographic and social and other data;
• Provide advice, support and guidance on all aspects of the QNIHS (Inuit Health Survey), as requested.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
• At least a Master’s degree in physical, social or health sciences or related field; a PhD degree in a related field preferred
• At least 5 years of project management experience (PMI designation preferred);
• At least 5 years’ experience in financial management, planning, forecasting and reporting;
• At least 2 years of direct supervisory experience;
• At least 2 years of experience in data analysis and communicating statistical information with a focus on non-technical audiences.
• Experience working with indigenous communities and organizations;
• Working knowledge of the Inuvialuit Settlement Region;
• Demonstrated proficiency working with computers (including GIS, numerical models, database management and Microsoft Suite);
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong networking skills;
• Highly motivated, analytical, dependable, independent with a strong work ethic;
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
• Must be willing to travel, particularly within the Inuvialuit Settlement Region.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Deadline to apply is September 9, 2020. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation – Human Resources Division email@example.com Fax: 888-872-4172
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.