About Us: Sierra Club of British Columbia Foundation is a non-profit environmental organization whose mission is to support people stewarding abundant ecosystems and a stable climate, while building resilient, equitable communities. Our vision is of a healthy, life-sustaining planet, where humans respect the dignity and interdependence of all living beings, and our overarching goal is to uplift grassroots-led change in response to the climate emergency and ecosystem collapse. To do this, we engage with and learn from diverse communities and knowledge systems, including communities most impacted by the ecological challenges we all face. In particular, we are committed to learning from the governance systems of the Indigenous Nations on whose territories we live and work. To learn more, visit www.sierraclub.bc.ca
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sierra Club BC is expanding and will be filling a number of new roles over the coming months. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, growing organization in the early stages of implementing its new vision and strategic plan.
Help take Sierra Club BC’s digital engagement to the next level of influence and impact—and in the process change B.C. for the better! We are looking for a passionate, tech-savvy individual who is willing and able to drive innovation and a culture of experimentation, testing and refinement within our organization. Working with a team of campaigners, organizers, fundraisers and communicators, you’ll be central to our efforts increase our reach; engage our supporters and empower them as effective leaders and advocates for change; increase our donor-base; and deepen Sierra Club BC’s impact in the world.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week), reporting to the Communications Director.
Engagement strategy: Working with the Communications, Campaigns and Development teams, contribute to the development, implementation, measurement and ongoing refinement of Sierra Club BC’s engagement strategy, with primary responsibility for its digital components. Balance departmental and overall organizational needs.
Systems management: Ensure the integration and performance of our digital tools including our CRM (Salesforce), donor management software (Causeview), digital engagement tools (e.g., Campaign Monitor, New/Mode) and other tools. Develop and implement user protocols, providing advice and coaching to relevant staff and volunteers as needed. Identify and fulfill emerging needs with the implementation of new tools as needed. Ensure all systems are safe, secure and in compliance with laws pertaining to data storage and use.
Performance metrics, testing, data analysis and decision-making support: Lead the development of systems for data collection, quality control, analysis and reporting to inform the strategies and tactics of campaigns, development and communications staff. Build and maintain a culture and practice of data-driven testing and refinement of digital activities.
Financial reporting: Ensure that CRM and associated donor management software provide accurate, timely reports to finance staff. Ensure CRM functionality and tax-receipting are in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Strong technical knowledge and skills, especially in the use of databases, CRM systems and Excel. At least two years’ experience working with CRMs/databases (Salesforce experience preferred).
· Experience working with CRMs/databases (within the non-profit sector desirable).
· Ability to manipulate and interpret data in order to provide actionable advice to staff in Communications, Development and Campaigns teams.
· Highly organized, with superior attention to detail.
· Strong project management skills.
· Comfortable working in a face-paced environment; able to remain calm and professional under pressure.
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, especially in communicating technical issues.
· General understanding of environmental issues in BC is desirable. Commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion is essential.
· Salary range of $27.63 – $29.88 per hour, depending on experience.
· We offer a generous vacation allowance and a solid benefits package.
· Initial three weeks of paid vacation per year, with regularly scheduled increases.
· Opportunities for professional development and training.
How to Apply
· Submit your application with the words “Application for Digital Systems Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com
· To ensure an unbiased evaluation process, do not include your name or address anywhere in your cover letter or CV; instead, please provide on a separate page.
Applications will be considered as they are received and the competition will close when the position is filled.
No phone calls please. Only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted. Sierra Club BC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. Sierra Club BC pays a living wage to all our staff.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.