St. Clair Region Conservation Authority Job Posting
Position Title: Manager of Planning & Regulations
Competition Number: PL150
The Manager of Planning & Regulations is responsible for a department which provides environmental planning comments for municipalities, implementation of the “Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses” Regulation, natural heritage advisory functions, and planning and regulation related studies. Further, the Manager will work in concert with the Water Resources, Watershed Services and Conservation Areas departments in aspects pertaining to permitting and natural hazard and heritage enhancement and protection.
The permanent fulltime position commences: April 2020
Location: Strathroy, Ontario
Salary: $40.65 per hour to $47.86 per hour Hours per Week: 35
Driver’s License Required: Yes
• University degree in Environmental Sciences, Biology, Resources Management, Geography.
• 5 years experience with Conservation Authorities Act, Planning Act and Ontario’s Provincial Policy Statement
• 3 years experience managing and mentoring staff and projects.
• Excellent report writing skills and verbal communication skills, both technical and conversational.
• Ability to work well and maintain good relations with other staff and the general public
• Qualifications for membership in Ontario Professional Planners Institute and Canadian Institute of Planners or Level Regulations certification an asset.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Ontario “G” driver’s license
• Supervision, management and mentoring of department staff
• Responsible for the supervision and administration of the environmental planning commenting services, natural heritage advisory services and the “Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses” Regulation program
• Liaise with Board of Directors and municipals officials regarding program policies and implementation
• Act as backup enforcement officer for Section 28 and as a backup comment provider on municipal development plans.
• Develop and co-ordinate planning agreements as per the municipal Memorandum of Agreements, if applicable.
• Supervise the enforcement and litigation, as necessary for the regulation program.
• Supervise and administer the Authority’s Natural Hazard and Natural heritage studies
Additional information is available at the St. Clair Region Conservation Authority’s website www.scrca.on.ca
Please send a resume and covering letter by March 2, 2020, noting this position and competition number to:
St. Clair Region Conservation Authority
205 Mill Pond Crescent Strathroy, ON, N7G 3P9 or FAX: 519 245-3348 or
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The St. Clair Region Conservation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.