TERRESTRIAL ECOLOGIST/WILDLIFE Scientist
Science Practices Department
Terrace, Cranbrook, Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island
We are looking for a Terrestrial Ecologist/Wildlife Biologist to join our team of experienced and skilled professionals. We provide a safe, supportive and engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration, integrity, with the opportunity to apply new technology, gain analytical skills, and realize your career potential. Our compensation plan is competitive and there are great opportunities for growth and advancement through mentorship, training, and other professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into an exceptional team of professionals dedicated to science-based, ethical environmental consulting, collaborating on fascinating and challenging assignments. This role will be responsible for:
- Leading the design, planning and execution of programs and studies focused on vegetation, terrestrial ecosystems, and wildlife that may also include studies on water quality, climate, fisheries, aquatic resources, and other environmental disciplines.
- Summarizing and analyzing baseline environmental data to make defensible conclusions supported by scientific literature about the status of the environment, and predictions about potential effects of anticipated natural and anthropogenic influences.
- Communicating program and study results to clients, Indigenous and stakeholder groups, and regulators, through written reports, formal presentations, and conversation.
- Contributing to interdisciplinary teams, taking the lead on specific tasks, taking direction on others, and collaborating with your colleagues to maximize work productivity and quality.
Qualifications and Skills:
If you have the following qualifications and are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
- M.Sc., Ph.D., or relevant experience in terrestrial ecology, wildlife biology, or a related field of study
- 5+ years of technical experience
- R.P. Bio., or relevant professional designation, or eligible
- Excellent technical writing and analytical skills, and ability to produce high quality reports and proposals
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality, excellence, and ethics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, required to work effectively within teams, with clients, and with regulators
- Effective time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic business with strict deadlines and budgets, while adhering to internal policies and procedures developed to ensure high quality deliverables
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite
Preference may be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Environmental consulting
- Terrestrial Ecosystem Mapping and describing ecosystems in BC
- Spatial (i.e., GIS) and non-spatial wetland and riparian proper functioning condition assessments
- Riparian restoration, management, and monitoring
- Field and desktop baseline inventories for terrestrial species and habitats
- Land management planning
- Ungulate or other mammal ecology
Applications will be accepted until Friday May 15th, 2020. Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Application deadline: 2020-05-15
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.ecofishresearch.com.