Database & Fundraising Coordinator
Hours: 30 hours/week (0.80 FTE)
The Riverwood Conservancy (TRC) is seeking a part-time Database & Fundraising Coordinator to join our team.
About The Riverwood Conservancy
TRC is a volunteer-based charity located in Mississauga at Riverwood, a 150-acre natural area along the Credit River. Our community programs focus on environmental education, stewardship/conservation, gardening, and Enabling Garden for people with special needs.
About the Candidate
The ideal candidate is fully experienced in administering Raiser’s Edge or other relational database in a fundraising setting. You are able to problem solve and identify solutions to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders (including colleagues, volunteers, donors) while providing a high standard of customer service. You adhere to and champion donor privacy and TRC’s Donor Bill of Rights.
Reporting to the Director of Development, this role is responsible for the following:
Gift Processing, Receipting, and Acknowledgement (30%)
· Process gifts, event tickets, program and membership fees from all online and offline channels, including monthly gift processing
· Ensure prompt and appropriate receipting and/or acknowledgement of all gifts, including preparing weekly batch reports to all front-line fundraising staff and managing volunteer thank you callers
· Support intake and stewardship of in-memory/in-honour/tribute donations
· Ensure consistency and accuracy in all data entry
Database Administration (30%)
· Employ best practices base management to ensure high degree of data integrity
· Maintain and update revenue coding structures (Fund, Appeal, Campaign, and other) to accurately reflect gift designations
· Develop and collate monthly reports and run customized queries upon request to support fundraising performance analysis
· Working with the finance department, conduct monthly reconciliation of revenue data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency
· Based on best practices in database administration and working in conjunction with the Director of Development and other staff, identify gaps and areas of improvement in current organizational practices. Develop and document solutions.
· Act as the in-house expert in Raiser’s Edge and provide training, coaching, and troubleshooting support to other staff members
Direct Response (20%)
· Working with the Director of Development and direct response vendors, pull & prepare lists for all direct mail appeals
· Working with the Marketing Coordinator, build and administer TRC website donation pages and event pages
· Administer and keep up to date TRC’s CanadaHelps.ca profile and giving pages
Stakeholder Relations (10%)
· Respond to donor inquiries and requests, providing a high level of customer service
· Working with the Volunteer Coordinator, recruit, train, supervise and support donor stewardship/data entry volunteers
· Manage vendor relationships with BlackBaud and CanadaHelps
· Work as a member of the fundraising team
· Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Development, consistent with the scope of the job and objectives of the fundraising team and organization as a whole
· Minimum 3 to 5 years demonstrated experience in database administration
· Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and standard computer software
· Strong interpersonal skills that inspire confidence and trust;
Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
Ability to multi-task and manage a diversity of assignments with attention to detail;
Strong organizational and research skills;
An interest in, and familiarity with environmental and educational issues
Compensation: This is a part-time position (0.80 FTE). A compensation package includes competitive salary commensurate with experience; a staff health plan, 10 paid personal days, time off between Christmas and New Year day.
Interested candidates are required to submit a resume and cover letter by email (in Word or PDF only please) by Monday, November 9th to:
The Riverwood Conservancy
4300 Riverwood Park Lane
Mississauga, ON L5C 2S7
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.