Contract Duration: 12 months
Working with the TRCA’s Communications, Marketing and Events Team, the Coordinator, Digital Media Strategies and Marketing develops long-range marketing plans to expand TRCA’s digital reach and grow the profile of TRCA’s public-use facilities and outdoor attractions. In this role, you will be responsible for the planning, implementing and coordinating social media marketing strategies for TRCA and its divisions. The Coordinator, Digital Media Strategies and Marketing will utilize a variety of social media platforms and marketing tools and apply best practices in content development and communications to achieve these goals. This role provides ongoing oversight and support to The Living City Foundation as well as to Black Creek Pioneer Village social media staff in the use of digital media marketing strategies. Ultimately, this position is responsible for maintaining brand positioning for multiple TRCA units through the strategic use of digital and social media.
- Plans and implements digital marketing strategies that promote TRCA public-use facilities, programs, special events, fundraising activities, various departments and partnership-based offerings to diverse audiences.
- Identifies, uses, and manages various digital media platforms and marketing tools. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Business, Trip Advisor, and Hootsuite.
- Develops long-range marketing plans to grow the profile and reach of TRCA. Considers the role and benefits of day-to-day social media marketing, thematic online campaigns, newsletters, and paid digital advertising, and applies leading and effective marketing strategies.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners to manage campaigns. This includes obtaining authorization for paid advertisements, as well as working in tandem with corporate partners to manage joint social media campaigns.
- Maintains strong understanding of online target audience. Gathers system generated analytics as well as comprehensive market analyses and analytics data from TRCA staff. Interprets data to inform strategy development.
- Carries out social networking activities to advance strategic goals by connecting with and engaging key influencers and audiences online. Maintains and enhances brand positioning through all digital media marketing. Ensures ongoing cohesion with corporate standards and dominant engagement techniques.
- Develops and manages content plans and writes interesting, relevant and engaging content for day-to-day social media networking, and thematic online campaigns.
- Monitors and responds to day-to-day customer comments and queries on social media channels as well as digital information platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, Trip Advisor and Google Business.
- Identifies and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to assess how effectively TRCA, and The Living City Foundation campaigns are meeting short-term and long-term targets as well as key marketing objectives.
- Generates analytics, interprets evaluates data, and prepares comprehensive reports and presentations for senior staff making recommendations and implementing improvements to advance goals.
- Monitors the relevant departments’ social media advertising budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from an accredited institution in Marketing, Communications, English or other relevant field
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (minimum G2 class)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a strategic digital marketing and/or social media role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of basic marketing principles, such as target segmentation, value proposition, positioning, voice and brand strategy.
Proficiency with ALL relevant social platforms (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) as well as ability to explore and learn new technologies/platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to use search and social advertising, and email marketing to meet strategic objectives.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively across several departments.
- Willingness to work a varied schedule, including weekends and evenings when required.
- Demonstrated understanding of TRCA values, programs, audience and priorities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a demanding customer-focused environment.
- Full proficiency in English.
- Strong computer literacy.
To apply to this posting, please visit https://apply.trca.ca/. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-160-20 prior to midnight on September 22, 2020.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit apply.trca.ca.