Contract Duration: 1 Year
Under the direction of a Project Manager, Habitat Restoration, the Assistant Environmental Technician, is responsible for providing project support related to the planning, design and implementation of ecological projects. This position has a particular focus on the preparation of project implementation information, responding to daily crew requirements, undertaking purchase order estimates, facilitating utility locates, and updating internal databases. Overall, this position plays an integral role in the delivery of restoration projects including wetlands, streams, forests, shoreline enhancements, meadows, and stormwater management. This position contributes to the strategic plan objectives including improving protection of water quality and aquatic ecosystem health; building a more robust network of green space and green infrastructure; and improving protection of natural systems.
- Compile appropriate background information; assist with the procurement of materials, services, and obtaining quotes.
- Support the preparation of various project correspondence including data entry, project briefs and backgrounders, Authority communications and reports of a general and technical nature.
- Facilitate material delivery to site and communicate information to Project Managers, Site supervisors, Crew Leads and Senior Field Labourers.
- Undertake the preparation of materials related to project design and implementation, including checklists, health and safety information, various internal and external permits, utility locates, project backgrounders and associated filing.
- Assist with restoration opportunities planning, including collection of field data, data entry and QAQC.
Other duties assigned.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Environmental Science or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience related to major tasks; including facilitating procurements and agreement; or related field.
- Experience working with a Conservation Authority an asset.
- Valid Ontario “G” Driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Environmental regulatory legislation, project management, and implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong public relations skills.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency with software experience (MS Powerpoint, Excel, Word).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
To apply to this posting, please visit https://trca.ca/about/careers/. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-163-20 prior to midnight on October 2, 2020.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit apply.trca.ca.