Website Inside Education
Forest/Wetland Outdoor Educator (May-Jun)
Do you love science, the environment, and encouraging students to experience, discover and
make connections to the natural world? Can you seize a teachable moment and turn it into an
aha-moment? Come work for us in the outdoor classroom! Inside Education helps students and
teachers understand the science, technology and issues related to our environment and natural
resources. Our award-winning education programs consider multiple perspectives and
encourage critical thinking and responsible stewardship.
We’re looking for several enthusiastic, adaptable Outdoor Educators to join our team, based in
either Calgary or Edmonton for the spring field season! You will be involved in the direct
delivery of forest and/or wetlands education programs to students at various outdoor field sites
across Alberta. This is a great opportunity to build your facilitation and presentation skills, while
working alongside a team of passionate, dedicated educators!
• Post-secondary studies in education, science, environmental or related fields.
• Some experience teaching or leading outdoor groups, working with students, and/or
delivering education programs.
• You must be a safe, competent driver with a clear abstract (vehicle not required)
• For the purpose of our vehicle insurance and employment grants candidates must be
between 21-30 years of age by the position start date.
• You must have a current standard first aid certificate by the position start date. Additional
safety training is a desired asset.
You will be successful in this role if:
• You are a flexible, resilient and good-natured travel companion. Due to the nature of our
work at different field sites around the province, frequent travel – including overnights and
evening/weekend overtime is required (time-off-in-lieu provided).
• You are able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, interact with students of all ages,
and take on a variety of education assignments.
• You have a well-rounded understanding of the science and issues related to Alberta’s natural
resources and environment.
• You’re a natural at storytelling, creativity, and can identify and capitalize on teachable
Wages and Term
This is a 9-week, full-time term from April 30 to June 28, 2018. Preference will be given to
returning university students. Wages are $20/hour, based on a 36.25 hour work week, plus 6%
We are looking forward to getting to know you better! Apply online with your letter of
introduction and resumé (just one PDF file please) by February 19, 2018 to: http://