The Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA) is looking for an experienced Program Director to oversee a diverse array of educational and incentive programs delivered to the farm community. We want your ideas, your energy, and your expertise to work alongside our team.
The ideal candidate will have an inherent desire to understand the requirements of the task at hand and the experience to work collaboratively to ensure those requirements have been met.
• Oversee the program delivery operations at OSCIA covering subject matter that may include soil health and water quality, greenhouse gas reduction, species at risk, farm business planning, and biosecurity;
• Work with all program staff and senior staff in other departments to develop and implement comprehensive work plans that best utilize the collective skills of staff resources;
• Direct the effective development, delivery, reporting and evaluation of programs to ensure objectives are delivered on time and on budget. This applies to educational opportunities for producers and the associated funding assistance programs;
• Work with industry and government partners on developing innovative program concepts and delivery mechanisms that maximize efficiencies and effectiveness on the agricultural landscape and capable of generating desired performance measures;
• Serving as a positive, helpful contact for ensuring program strategies are implemented in a timely manner;
• Coordinating and communicating team needs and progress to OSCIA leadership;
• Assist in processing of program cost-share applications and conduct final review of cost-share project claims to ensure compliance with the accepted terms and conditions;
• Interact directly with current and potential funding partners;
• Develop budgets and approve program expenditures;
• Develop appropriate evaluation frameworks that will contribute to continuous improvement in program design and program delivery capabilities, conduct the analysis and prepare reports.
• Some travel will be required.
• Report directly to the OSCIA Executive Director.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position requires an experienced manager with a proven track record of effectively managing change in a dynamic project portfolio and demanding timelines;
• Experience that has clearly demonstrated proficiency in personal relationship skills and organizational skills, while working with groups of individuals is required, including employee development, teamwork facilitation, goal achievement;
• A post-secondary degree and master’s degree in related fields (e.g. natural resource management, soil science, biology, agronomy, agricultural business and economics) is desired.
• Minimum of ten-years of experience in a related field that involved managing people, program development and evaluation;
• Technical knowledge of Best Management Practices commonly used in Ontario agriculture;
• Exceptional communication skills with experience in all aspects of MS Office;
• Team player with ability to work with many industry partners.
Location: 1 Stone Road West, Guelph, Ontario
Please submit your resume and cover letter by June 8, 2018. OSCIA offers a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and is an equal opportunity employer. Find out more by visiting ontariosoilcrop.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.