The Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA) is a unique not-for-profit farm organization whose diverse membership has a significant presence in all agricultural areas of the province and across all major sectors. The mission of OSCIA is to facilitate responsible economic management of soil, water, air and crops through development and communication of innovative farming practices. As leaders in agricultural program delivery, we are seeking an individual to support facilitation of our cost-share and applied research programs and other projects as needed.
- Support the development, delivery, reporting, and evaluation of educational and cost-share programs;
- Review, evaluate, and process program applications and claims through a digitized data management system;
- Support the development of communication and promotional materials to support programs;
- Coordinate, lead and facilitate discussions and meetings with internal staff and external contacts;
- Undertake applied research projects and work with the Applied Research Coordinator on soil and water quality Best Management Practices, etc., as needed;
- Report directly to the Program Director;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in an agricultural or environmental-related field (e.g. soil science, animal biology, agronomy, agricultural business, resource management, geography)
- A minimum of 2-3 years industry experience, preferably based in Ontario;
- A good understanding of agriculture, environmental and economic farm sustainability, biosecurity, and best management practices in Ontario; practical farm experience an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to directly communicate with producers via phone and email, social media, and report writing;
- Strong organization skills and proficiency in computer programs including WordPress, Microsoft WORD, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment, consistently producing quality work and meeting deadlines;
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Experience with data analysis software and GIS an asset;
- French language skills an asset;
- Valid Driver’s License.
Location: 1 Stone Road West, Guelph, Ontario
Please submit your resume and cover letter by September 23, 2019 to email@example.com
OSCIA is a fast-paced, positive work environment that offers a competitive wage package, commensurate with experience, and generous benefits package along with professional development opportunities and flexible schedule features.