Website Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
BC Ministry of Forests Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Fort St. John or Dawson Creek
Resource Manager, Stewardship
Salary $72,000.00 – $100,000.00 annually
The Ministry has been developed through the amalgamation of legislative authorities in land and resource agencies to provide clients with a single point of access to natural resource authorizations and resource management services at many locations across the province. The Ministry is structured in 23 Districts within eight Regions under the leadership of three geographically based Assistant Deputy Ministers.
This position manages the daily operations and region wide delivery of resource stewardship activities under Provincial policy and legislative direction within the Ministry. Provides on-going leadership in integrating and coordinating the resource stewardship business and builds and maintains effective working relationships across business lines and within the team as well as with Executive, senior management, natural resource sector (NRS) clients and external stakeholders. The range of resource stewardship activities may include: forests, fish, wildlife, ecosystems, terrestrial and aquatic habitats, species at risk, and water (surface and groundwater).
Qualifications for this role include:
· A Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. natural resource management, biology, ecology, engineering, agriculture, environmental science, geography, forestry or other related disciplines) and minimum of five years related experience; OR
· A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field (e.g. natural resource management, biology, ecology, engineering, agriculture, environmental science, geography, forestry or other related disciplines) and a minimum of 7 years related experience including three years at a senior administrative or management level; OR
· A combination of education/training (including public administration) and experience in resource management including five years at a senior administrative or management level.
Related experience must include:
· A minimum of three years’ experience supervising staff.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in Natural Resource Management.
· Experience in establishing priorities, allocating and managing human and fiscal resources;
· Administrative leadership or management experience developing, directing and administering programs and projects in a variety of settings, creatively resolving conflicts/issues involving multiple interests, and working effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
· Experience in managing program budgets including contract management.
· Experience in project management.
For more information and to apply online by June 7, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/50445