Website Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority
Clean Water, Healthy Lands for Healthy Communities
The Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority is accepting applications for a full time permanent Watershed Services Coordinator
This position will be working out of the Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority administrative office in Port Hope located on the corner of Hwys 28 and 401. This position is a management position within the Authority reporting to the CAO/Secretary-Treasurer.
· A degree in good standing from a recognized university in water resources engineering or a related engineering discipline with five years management experience
· Applicants should have excellent communication skills, administration, interpersonal and human resource management skills.
· Knowledge of municipal planning, current water/environmental management principles, and technologies including relevant federal and provincial legislation.
· Extensive knowledge in hydrology, hydraulics and floodplain mapping
· Applicants should have a working knowledge of GIS and experience in 2D modelling
· Experience in Great Lakes costal processes would be an asset
· Member of Professional Engineers of Ontario.
· The successful applicant must be able to adapt to an environment of change and work well independently as well as in a team environment
· A valid Province of Ontario drivers licence is also required
· Co-ordination of the Watershed Services team
· Provide engineering review services to the Authority’s Planning and Regulations departments including: technical review of stormwater management plans/reports, erosion and siltation control plans, and flood control plans/reports
· Provide technical assistance in the Authority’s Flood forecasting and warning plan
· Provide assistance in the management of Authority’s engineering projects including:
· Tender writing, letting, awarding and management
· Contract development and management
· Payment management and certification
· Legal issues management
· Assist in carrying out flood impact and risk studies including modeling and reporting.
· Assist in developing long-range policies and strategic planning for Authority’s programs.
· Assist in carrying out Watershed and Subwatershed studies including technical studies and reporting.
· $96,286 to $113,278 per annum
Apply in writing by March 2, 2018:
Ms. Linda J. Laliberte, CPA, CGA, CAO/Secretary-Treasurer
Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority
2216 County Road 28, Port Hope, Ontario L1A 3V8
Fax: (905) 885-9824 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.