Contract type: Full-time, permanent position. (4 or 5 days / week, to be determined based on candidate preference and profile)
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Flexible. Port Rowan, Ontario (preferred), or remotely from anywhere in Canada.
Schedule: Work hours to match Eastern time zone. Occasional weekend, early morning and evening work is required to accommodate meetings, especially spring and fall Board meetings.
Conditions: Salary range to $40,000 – $48,000 Plus Benefits
Are you looking to channel your skills into meaningful, energizing work that will directly contribute to protecting our natural world? Birds Canada is the country’s only national organization dedicated to bird conservation. Every day, our thousands of caring donors, 60+ passionate staff, and 70,000+ outstanding volunteers are taking action to help us better understand, appreciate, and conserve birds and their habitats. Together, we are Canada’s voice for birds – will you join us?
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative and executive support to the President, the Board and its committees, and the Management Team. A trusted and dependable team player, the Executive Assistant thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. The ideal candidate is confident, highly organized, detail-oriented, and has strong written communication skills. This position reports directly to the President.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Proactively monitors the President’s agenda, ensuring that meetings are well-prepared with travel arrangements, virtual or in-person meeting logistics, and background documents.
2. Builds the President’s agenda by drafting correspondence and requests to external partners, triaging incoming requests according to organisational priorities, and scheduling meetings.
3. Provides administrative support to the Board, Committees, and Management team by preparing notices, agendas and briefing materials. Assembles and distributes information packages with proper advance notice. Attends meetings, taking minutes and circulating them. Arranges travel and expense reimbursements as needed.
4. Maintains organisational archives, including Board and committee minutes and motions, policies, proposals, and contracts. Inputs and retrieves information from the organisation’s CRM (Raiser’s Edge / NXT) to support the President, Board, and staff team as needed.
5. Ensures effective implementation of various administrative policies, such as signing authorities or compliance requirements for charitable organisations.
6. Provides administrative support to other departments as needed, such as formatting and reviewing funding proposals and contracts, assisting with HR processes and documentation, and triaging incoming emails and phone calls from the general public.
7. Undertakes special or one-time initiatives, such as targeted research or preparing calls for tender, as directed by the President. (Never a dull moment!).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1) Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines and changing priorities
2) Great judgement, with the ability to problem-solve, proactively anticipate problems and propose solutions, and work under minimal supervision
3) Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages would be a significant asset.
4) Knowledge and experience using virtual planning and meeting tools (e.g. Outlook calendar, online meeting platforms such as Zoom).
5) Prior experience with databases and CRM would be an asset.
6) Proven experience with relevant software suites (i.e. Office, Adobe, etc.).
7) Detail-oriented, with experience in record-keeping and archiving
8) Dependable and trustworthy, with the ability to handle and protect confidential and sensitive information
9) Relevant education and experience. We’re not prescribing in what or how much – please be sure to indicate in your cover letter how your unique mix of education and experience have prepared you for this role.
10) Knowledge and experience working in the charitable sector would be an asset. In particular, relationship management skills and donor stewardship.
English (French language skills are an asset.)
Please submit your CV and cover letter* to Kerrie Wilcox email@example.com by September 30, 2021. While we thank all who apply, only those applicants being considered for the position will be contacted.
Birds Canada is committed to improving levels of diversity among its volunteers, membership, staff, and board to reflect the diversity of Canada. In an effort to do so, we are actively tracking and seeking to improve our ability to reach all candidates with our job advertisements. Applicants belonging to racialized groups; who identify as Indigenous, LGBTQ+; or who have differing abilities are therefore invited to self-identify in their cover letter.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.