Language of Work: English
Canadian Prairie Outfitters LLC is a U.S. based company offering goose and duck hunting trips to clients in Saskatchewan. We are looking to hire a Waterfowl Scout to explore our hunting zones to locate ducks and geese and liaise with local landowners and guides in preparation for our hunting trips for our clients.
The position is temporary and will coincide with our hunting season from August 20, 2024, to November 20, 2024. The Waterfowl Scout will be required to assist clients as required during each tour, seven days per week. However, it is anticipated that the work-week will be 60 hours per week, with an hourly wage of USD$19 per hour. Overtime will be paid in accordance with employment legislation. Our trips will be conducted within approximately a 200km radius of Montmartre, Saskatchewan. Overnights will be at our lodge located at NW15-14-09, RM of Chester 125.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Identify landowners and acquire permission to hunt on their land;
· Plan itinerary for the trip and arrange for transportation for the clients (hunters);
· Advise clients on hunting regulations in Saskatchewan;
· Escort clients by vehicle and foot to reach hunting areas;
· Scout and explore hunting zones to locate ducks and geese;
· Skin, clean and prepare harvested ducks and geese;
· Communicate location of birds to hunting guides; and
· Maintain hunting equipment.
The following skills and experience are required:
· Previous experience as a hunting guide;
· Excellent knowledge of and ability to recognize different waterfowl species;
· Advanced duck and goose calling skills;
· Sophisticated sense of direction and knowledge of Saskatchewan hunting zones;
· Interpersonal and oral communication skills;
· Demonstrated ability to understand our clients’ requirements on each trip, and adapt trip schedules accordingly; and
· Proficiency in English, as all trips will be conducted in English.
Canadian Prairie Outfitters is registered at 1405 Wesley Drive, Salisbury, MD, 21801 USA.
Interested candidates, please send your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.