Job Type: Seasonal
3 days in March 2020 for training
April 20 – May 3, 2020
May 7 – 20, 2020
July 10 – 23, 2020
Position: This unique role offers an opportunity to design travel programs for international students visiting Vancouver with the intention of building them into leaders for sustainability. Teach environmental education in engaging adventurous settings in and around Vancouver, Canada during peak-season from March 1st – August 30th annually. Be a change-maker of a fast-paced small progressive educational travel company in growth mode inspired to make a difference, locally and globally.
2 Degrees Travel Overview
2 Degrees Transformational Travel was created to share our values around culture, the environment, and our place in it. We believe in the power of growing young minds, expanding perspectives, and teaching through travel. We use the beauty of Vancouver, Canada, to inspire and connect students to the world around them, from sustainability to new cultures and environmental awareness.
Mission: Create travel experiences that build leaders to make a difference both locally and globally.
Vision: Inspiring youth to lead in sustainable development by creating experiential education that contribute towards their international education and employability.
Culture: Fast-paced, progressive, on-trend, professional life being passionate, aligned with work ethic/mindset for success.
Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years working with youth teaching outdoor education
- Experience in non-profit sector an asset
- Program Management an asset
- 1 year of teaching abroad preferred
- Standard Wilderness First Aid preferred
- IB and AP graduate and IB teaching experience preferred
- Eligible for wage subsidy to become an Eco Environmental Professional required https://www.eco.ca/wage-subsidy-programs/im-a-job-candidate/
- Current First Aid/CPR certification required
- All selected candidates are required to submit a current criminal record check
- Interest in Photography/storytelling to capture moments and facilitate social media campaigns
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate, engage and story tell to make complex ideas relatable and understandable.
- Ability to build relationships, lead with integrity and make decisions based on company aligned values.
- Has Strong group facilitation skills connecting experiences to big ideas
- Values autonomy with the ability to exceed timeline and deliverable expectations
- Adaptable, versatile and willingness to go above and beyond to serve for the greater good
- Has Knowledge of the Greater Vancouver transit system, routing and schedules
- Design, coordinate, prepare activities for an experiential program aimed to build life skills and leaders
- Implement programs based on age and learning outcomes drawing from a set of comprehensive resources
- Encourage forest play, hiking while ensuring safety near bodies of water, streams and other terrain of concern
- Prepare learning materials and ensure ready with equipment for each day
- Assume overall responsibility for program tools and equipment, to include safety, use, and maintenance
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint proficient
Submit cover letter and resume at https://www.2degrees.travel/careers/ by January 31, 2020.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.