Instructor (Cross Country Ski), Conservation Parks – Terra Cotta CA
2 ON CALL – SEASONAL
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Reporting to the superintendent, this position participates in the development and implementation of resource management, special event and recreation programs on authority lands and other properties owned and/or managed by CVC by assisting the superintendents in daily operations of the conservation areas.
- CANSI certified Instructor (Cross Country, Instructor level 1)
- Ability to provide satisfactory Police Record Check with vulnerable sector screen
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Demonstrated experience conducting cross country ski lessons to a wide range on students
- Possessing a valid Class “G2 or G” driver’s license in good standing is required. Successful candidate must provide an MTO Driver’s Abstract.
- Experience with customer service and customer conflict resolution
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff both verbally and in written correspondence
- Being able to work in adverse weather conditions is required
- Being available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and on call is required
- Knowledge of ski equipment and repairs, ski wax and application;
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS
Perform the following tasks under direction:
- Participate in promotion of conservation areas and other CVC related activities;
- Maintain accurate records and reports;
- Maintain good internal communications and positive contacts with external groups, agencies and the local community;
- Have the ability to develop, write and implement lesson plans related to cross country skiing
- Have the ability to work effectively alone and during non-daylight hours;
- Assist with special events as needed;
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner and that all CVC health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all time;
- Provide visitors with detailed information about the Conservation Area and surrounding area from a recreational and educational perspective.
- Other duties and as appropriate to the position.
Anticipated Start and End Dates: Early January 2021 – March 8, 2021
Salary starting at: $19.75 per hour
Forward resume by January 3, 2021 to:
Credit Valley Conservation
Please quote “Instructor (Cross Country Ski), Conservation Parks – Terra Cotta CA” in the subject line of your application email, as well as in the resume/letter.
Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Word or PDF format as one document.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.