Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the nation’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident, energic and dedicated communications professional. This position will have the flexibility to work from a home office with access to shared team office space in Barrie, Ontario.
As Communications Specialist, you are a “people person” who will have strong writing skills with experience synthesizing and effectively conveying technical information in creative and innovative approaches. This position will play an integral role in developing content for various marketing platforms to inform and engage policy makers, partners, supporters, and the public at large, to expand DUC’s organizational profile and support for DUC’s conservation, fundraising and restoration services programs in Ontario.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in the development of strategic communications plans, which includes work planning, budget and timelines.
- Collaborating with team members and partners to develop and implement campaigns, promotions, stories and other content and communication materials to promote the many virtues of wetlands and help grow our brand.
- Providing communications expertise to our government and other funding reports to ensure the highest quality and consistency of content and presentation.
- Keeping the public engaged by sharing DUC social media communications within their local area.
- Lending a strong provincial perspective to corporate strategies and campaigns at the national level.
You are a self-motivated individual with a positive can-do attitude, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are a problem-solver and a reliable team player with strong attention to detail. You are highly organized, possessing strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- 4 years demonstrated experience along with a diploma in communications, marketing or related field.
- A background in communications, preferably in a not-for-profit environment or scientific field.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with communication principles, including appropriate tools and tactics used to reach and influence key audiences in support of conservation goals.
- Strong planning and project management skills, as well as the ability and enthusiasm to work creatively with colleagues and as part of project teams, are essential.
- A high comfort level with technical reports and the ability to translate into plain language.
- Ability to use planning systems to help manage digital media and deliver projects (media release distribution, content management for web-based platforms, communications distribution, etc.)
- Adaptable to change and proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in business-to-business marketing an asset.
- An affinity for nature and the outdoors, is essential, and will allow you to better understand and fit into DUC’s culture.
- Must be comfortable with using video conference tools such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Salary range: $65,000-$70,000
Closing deadline: November 21 2022 (11:59PM ET)
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.ducks.ca.