Established in Norfolk County in 2009, Giles Restoration Services Inc. (GRS) specializes in high-quality ecological restoration project design and delivery. Our team has a proven track record delivering woody and herbaceous invasive species management, wildlife habitat restoration projects and site-specific ecological restoration programs.
GRS is a leader at delivering large-scale habitat restoration projects in aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, including Canada’s largest invasive Phragmites management program. While Norfolk County is home to our team and much of our work occurs here, some of our projects take us to some of the most unique and inaccessible natural areas in southern Ontario. At GRS we use the latest tools, techniques and best management practices to restore native plant communities to thriving, self-sustaining ecosystems. Our team members take pride in the hard work it takes to make a real difference for biodiversity conservation.
We need a dedicated, hard working individual with the following attributes:
- Has thorough understanding of the flora, fauna and ecosystems of southern Ontario, Carolinian Zone preferred
- Advanced identification skills for native, invasive and Species-at-Risk plants (moderate skills with strong interest to learn also considered
- Willing to work long hours, in inclement weather (rain, snow, bugs etc) on difficult and uneven terrain
- Willing to travel away from home for multiple overnights to distant work locations
- Has or is willing to obtain an Exterminator’s Licence to apply herbicide and be willing and capable of apply herbicides regularly
- Experienced and comfortable reading and navigating using maps and GPS units. Ability to use GPS units to record field data
- Experienced in the use of ATVs, Off-road vehicles and in all conditions
- Works well independently and as part of a high-performing team
- Reliable and willing to work flexible hours
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post Secondary education relating to horticulture, forestry, ecosystems management or ecology
- Exhibits confidence, focus, and self-motivation to carrying-out independent field work in remote locations
- Problem solving, planning and organizational skills with a focus on attention to detail and timelines
- Minimum two field seasons of fieldwork experience
- Valid “G” Class Driver’s License, experience towing trailers an asset
- Valid Pesticide Exterminator License
- Active iNaturalist or eBird account
- Chainsaw Cert
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- ATV training
Rate of pay:
$24.00 – $29.00/hr
How To Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume with 3 references to Joelle at email@example.com.
We thank you for applying, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.