Invasive Species Technician
Job Title: Invasive Species Technician
Application Deadline: January 8, 2023 at 11:59 pm
Potential Start Date: January 23, 2023
Potential End Date: December 22, 2023 (with potential for extension)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Peterborough, ON
Rate of Pay: To be determined
Number of Positions: 1
The Invasive Species Technician is an exciting opportunity to work within the OFAH’s Invading Species Awareness Program. The successful candidate will coordinate and deliver programming to passionate citizens within the Durham, Haliburton, and Kawartha Pine Ridge area to promote aquatic ecosystem stewardship. Responsibilities will include coordinating and delivering events and training workshops, as well as developing and updating affiliated training resources for interested participants. The goal of this programming is to engage recreational boaters and encourage them to take deliberate actions to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
Education and Qualifications:
– College or university education in fish and wildlife, biology, environmental science, or equivalent work-related experience in the relevant fields.
– Minimum of two years working experience in monitoring and/or public education/awareness required.
Required Skills and Experience:
– Essential computer and database management skills (MS Office), written and oral communication skills, public relations, public speaking, interpersonal skills, project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills, time management, and problem solving required.
– Must be familiar with recreational watercraft equipment/mechanics, as well as have experience operating a pressure washer, and operating/maneuvering a vehicle while towing a trailer.
– Applicants must have a valid driver’s license (class G), pleasure craft operators card, emergency first aid training with level A CPR and AED certification (as a minimum), criminal record check, and OFAH membership.
Please forward in one document a cover letter, résumé and two references indicating how your skills and qualifications meet each of the requirements of this position to:
Attention: Alison Morris, Invading Species Awareness Program Coordinator
Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters
P.O. Box 2800
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 8L5
Fax: (705) 748-9577
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE OR EMAIL INQUIRES PLEASE
The deadline for applications is January 8, 2023 at 11:59 pm
Interviews will be held remotely by video conferencing or in-person in Peterborough, Ontario
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) stays informed in regards to the current public and workplace health and safety measures surrounding infectious diseases from federal, provincial and municipal levels of government, and provides regular updates to our staff. We have a workplace safety plan and training in place for our staff and update our plan and training when workplace health and safety measures are implemented or revised by government and public health officials.
The OFAH is an equal opportunity and accessible employers. We are committed to providing accessible opportunities for all qualified job applicants. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.