3 positions – 10, 16 & 23 week contracts
Job Title: Park Operations Worker (Lakefield Campground)
Reports to: Supervisor, Lakefield Campground
Hourly Rate: $15.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the park, campsites, and buildings. In addition, may also be required to assist with gatehouse operations. This is a maintenance oriented job.
(This is not an exhaustive list)
- Perform daily park maintenance, operations and inspections including campsite cleaning, washroom cleaning, lawn mowing, drinking water testing, trail inspections, general grounds maintenance (trails, beach and swimming area, picnic areas, picnic shelter, waste/recycling activities), and related record keeping
- Basic repairs to buildings, furniture, and other elements of park infrastructure as required
- Routine maintenance of equipment and tools
- Work in compliance with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and any other safety related legislation, as well as related organizational health and safety policies and practices
- Adhere to operating policies and procedures to ensure the safety of both staff and visitors
- Work in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and provide customer service that meets the specified standards
- Follow established security practices as assigned
- Participate in orientation and training programs as required
- Assist with conservation area activities and events when required
- Provide support for general gatehouse operations as required
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision
- Able to perform manual labour
- Carry out instructions provided by the Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor
- General knowledge of/experience with grounds and buildings maintenance tasks and the operation of equipment such as riding and push lawn mowers, weed eaters, side-by-sides, power/manual tools, etc.
- General knowledge of maintenance/repair of grounds, buildings, and equipment
- Basic computer skills are required (Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word), file management
- Effective communications and customer service skills, comfortable in dealing with the public
- Customer service skills that include conflict management and resolution, problem solving
- Chainsaw Operator Certificate and chainsaw experience an asset
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license with a clean driving record. An Ontario Ministry of Transportation 3-year driver’s record (uncertified) must be provided
- A police record check must be provided in accordance with the Ontario Police Record Checks Reform Act (vulnerable sector check, which includes a criminal record check)
- Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate required(training is provided)
- Must be available to work weekends and statutory holidays throughout contract duration
- May be required to work irregular shifts involving night time work (to ~10:00 p.m.)
- Fatigue resulting from managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Required to lift or move up to 27 kg/60 lbs. (e.g. launching and storing canoes, lifting bags of firewood, move materials including gravel/limestone/rocks, move construction materials, emptying garbage barrels, and moving picnic tables)
- Able to traverse/work on irregular or uneven surfaces and terrain, wet or slippery surfaces
- Interaction with the general public occasionally required to interact with dissatisfied or angry customers
- Occasionally required to extend or modify hours of work in response to high/low visitor volumes, emergencies, attendance at training sessions or other work related activities
- Working time is spent in a combination of office and field environments, outdoor work is required; this will include exposure to variable weather conditions (especially summer heat) and other workplace environmental hazards such as insects, poison ivy, wild animals, domestic dogs, etc.
- Use of workplace hazardous materials such as cleaning products, fuels and lubricants, construction materials, etc.
- Handling of workplace waste and recycling materials
- Significant use of equipment such as side-by-sides, riding/push mowers, and trimmers
- Significant use of small tools such as hammers, drills, and saws
- Travel using corporate vehicles may be required
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume as one file (Word or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading that includes the name and location of the position, and your name. If there are multiple contract lengths available, please indicate the one(s) you are interested and available for.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.