Who We Are
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the nation’s leading conservation organizations, is a passionate community of people who believe that nature is the foundation of strong communities, a prosperous economy and a sustainable future that supports the hopes and dreams of the next generation. Together, we conserve and restore some of the most valuable and threatened landscapes on the planet.
What You Will Do
As a member of the Regional GIS team, you will be responsible for conducting topographic field surveys (RTK units), preparing, analyzing, managing, and displaying data using AutoCAD and GIS – activities that appeal to you because you love a balance of field work and office work.
You are a self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are a team player with strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills who works effectively in an independent setting.
You have demonstrated experience in land survey, data processing, and data management. You possess strong leadership skills and enjoy a complex, changing environment and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
Your minimum one to three years of experience in surveying make you an ideal candidate for this position. Practical experience with water control structures, conservation projects, agriculture and/or biology, would all be considered assets for this opportunity.
- Post-secondary diploma in Geomatics Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering Technology.
- Experience in drafting would be an asset.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize workload.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and adaptable to change.
- Experience with MS Office, AutoCAD, GPS (RTK) surveying and ArcMap.
- Experience with using UAV technology for topographic survey would be an asset.
- Basic Operations UAV Pilot Certificate would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate both written and oral in a professional manner.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting while keeping others informed of your progress.
- Awareness of SK Occupational Health and Safety practices
- A valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as required.
What We Offer
- 3 weeks’ vacation with paid personal and sick days
- Comprehensive compensation & benefits package
- Hybrid work arrangement
Salary for this position will commensurate with each individual’s education and/or experience as it relates to the position.
Position Details: Full-time, Permanent
Salary Range: $52,700 – $65,900. Salary is based on a 35 hour work week.
Location: Saskatchewan – preference to be located near Regina, Saskatoon or Yorkton.
Closing Deadline: June 8, 2023 (11:59PM EDT)
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.