Who We Are
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the nation’s leading conservation organizations, is a passionate community of people who believe that nature is the foundation of strong communities, a prosperous economy and a sustainable future that supports the hopes and dreams of the next generation. Together, we conserve and restore some of the most valuable and threatened landscapes on the planet.
What You Will Do
As a Conservation Land Negotiator, you will work as a key member of DUC’s Alberta operations and the Restoration and Retention team. Your primary responsibility will be working with landowners and producers in delivering our habitat programs at the farm gate.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively to various stakeholders, including members of the general public, government, agribusiness and wildlife communities. You need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work with anyone, and capable of working alone in rural settings under minimal supervision.
We are looking for an individual that is independent, resourceful and possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines. The successful candidate must be persuasive, goal-oriented and possess a passion for the outdoors, conservation, wildlife and the environment.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Environmental Science, Agriculture, Land Management or related discipline; relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Knowledge of working farms and practices, annual crop and forage/grazing production systems.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Previous sales or cold-calling experience would be an asset
- Familiarity with the non-profit and/or environmental conservation sectors would also be considered an asset
- Knowledge of waterfowl, animal and plant biology or sustainable resource management would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Experience with various outdoor equipment including GPS, ATV’s, Boats etc.
What We Offer
- 3 weeks’ vacation with paid personal and sick days
- Comprehensive compensation & benefits package
- Hybrid work arrangement
Position Details: Full-time, Permanent (2 positions)
Salary Range: $52,700 – $ 65,900
Location: Strathmore, AB
Closing Deadline: May 29, 2023 (11:59PM EDT)
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.