Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader Canadian habitat conservation, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated professionals to join our team in Saskatchewan.
As a Conservation Land Negotiator, you will be responsible for the planning, development, delivery and negotiation of habitat programs which benefit waterfowl and other wildlife.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player and passionate about the outdoors – a self-starter who can work with anyone, and capable of working alone in rural settings under minimal supervision and recognize the importance of environmental stewardship within the agricultural production systems.
Your communication and negotiation skills enable you to deal effectively with various stakeholders, including the general public, government, agribusiness and wildlife communities.
You are independent, resourceful and possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
You are a persuasive, goal-oriented individual. Your personal and professional experience and directly related knowledge make you the ideal candidate for this position.
The successful candidates will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
· A post-secondary degree or diploma in wildlife management, biology, ecology or related discipline; a Land Agent or Agriculture diploma with relevant work experience will also be considered.
· Knowledge of waterfowl and other animal and plant biology
· Knowledge of sustainable resource management would be considered an asset.
· Experience in planning and project management.
· Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
· Strong computer and analytical skills – ArcMap an asset
· Previous sales or cold-calling experience would be an asset
· Knowledge of working farms and practices, annual crop and forage/grazing production systems.
· Experience with various outdoor equipment including GPS, ATV’s, Boats etc.
· Familiarity with the non-profit and/or environmental conservation sectors would also be considered an asset
· The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: September 7, 2022 (11:59 PM EDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations, landowners and Indigenous Peoples to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.