The Records Information Management Assistant reports the Manager, Corporate Services and is responsible to provide support in the lifecycle management of the corporate records, including active and inactive records in all formats, i.e. electronic, paper etc.; assist with developing the program policies and procedures; maintain information content worksheets and databases; and provide primary back up for front counter customer service as scheduled.
– Assist with information management, including scanning, organizing, filing, storing, and destruction of records.
– Input information from various sources into worksheets and databases.
– Assist with developing policies and procedures, manuals, forms and templates.
– Conduct and compile research data, statistics and other information as required.
– Assist Corporate Communications with information content updates to the corporate website.
– Provide front counter assistance and back up; including taking, responding to, and redirecting incoming phone calls as required.
– Undertake other related duties as assigned.
– Undertaking or completed post-secondary education in library science, records management, information management or a combination of equivalent education and work experience as deemed acceptable by the Employer.
– Minimum of one year related experience in a combination of records information management and business administration systems and preferably in an environmental conservation or municipal government field.
– Above average computer skills and Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, etc.).
– Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to details and accuracy.
– Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing.
– Exceptional level of customer/client service delivery and a positive work attitude.
– Must have the ability to lift and carry ~20 kg file boxes.
– Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
– To be eligible, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (international students are not eligible); and, have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
– Duration: 16 weeks
– Start date: April 26, 2021
– Hourly rate: $14.25/hour
– Hours of work: 40 hours/week
Note: duration & start date is tentative and dependent on availability of funding
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your cover letter and resume clearly marked “Records Information Management Assistant” by February 26, 2021 at 4:00pm local time to:
Attention: Kelly Vandette, Manager, Corporate Services
Lower Trent Conservation, 714 Murray Street, RR 1, Trenton, ON K8V 5P4
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Lower Trent Conservation is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Lower Trent Conservation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.