Ministry of Land, Water and Resource Stewardship
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
Currently there is 1 temporary assignment available until March 31, 2023. This position may become permanent
The recruitment process for this competition may take place virtually.
Data Analyst and Visualization Specialist
$66,557.72 – $75,884.38 annually
The Data Analyst and Visualization Specialist provides senior professional advisory services to the Aquatic Ecosystems Branch and designs decision support tools for the natural resource sector. This role provides senior expertise in GIS mapping, data analysis, synthesis, and modeling to translate complex biological data sets into a format that natural resource management decision makers can readily understand. This position provides a critical role in taking large and complex datasets and making them more accessible using a variety of interactive and innovative tools.
Qualifications for this role include:
Masters or PhD in natural resources, or equivalent and two years of related experience*, OR
Undergraduate Degree in natural resources, or equivalent and three years of related experience*, OR
Diploma in a natural resource or related field and five years of related experience*, OR
An equivalent combination of education and related experience* may be considered.
*Related experience must include all of the following:
- At least two years experience in planning and coordinating of the acquisition, processing, and analysis of large and complex scientific datasets.
- Manipulating large and complex scientific data sets using programing scrip to render, analyze and build data models with a strong preference for coding in R.
- At least two years’ experience creating, editing, maintaining, designing and developing spatial applications and preparing recommendations to the general public and/or decision makers based on natural resource interpretations with keen awareness of attention to detail.
- Performing integrated spatial analysis using coding pipelines and/or innovative tools to create custom products such as:
- dashboard platforms to display complex scientific data in an accessible format for a variety of applications, including public websites and decision support tools.
For more information and to apply online by, November 25, 2022, please visit: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/93283
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com.