The Rideau Valley Conservation Authority is the lead inter-municipal agency working to address river-related environmental issues and concerns within the Rideau Valley watershed. It’s our job to make sure that the water is looked after by everyone in today’s society so that tomorrow’s generations inherit a clean, healthy, functioning watershed. We also provide residents with close-to-home natural areas and programs that are accessible and affordable. We currently own and maintain a network of nine Conservation Areas and an additional 4,500 acres of environmental land.
OUTDOOR EDUCATION INTERPRETER
Foley Mountain Conservation Area
$18 – $20/hour
You would be working at Foley Mountain Conservation Area located just outside of Westport, ON.
There is no public transportation to the worksite. Candidates should ensure they have reliable transportation prior to applying.
ON-CALL THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
Work schedule is on an as-needed basis, Monday through Friday with occasional evenings/weekends.
You will assist with the planning, delivery and evaluation of outdoor environmental education programs for children and adults of all ages from preschool to post-secondary studies. Program participants include school groups, Foley Mountain Forest School students, and community groups. Interpreters will mainly be working in an outdoor environment facilitating programs in all kinds of weather conditions. You will also act as a resource person in the Interpretive Centre and you will assist visitors by answering questions about the park and programs, selling park passes, monitoring for valid park passes, and maintaining the cleanliness and safety features of our park facilities.
As the ideal candidate, you have:
– A post-secondary diploma or degree in education, early childhood education, environmental studies, natural science, outdoor recreation or a related program. A Teacher’s certificate and strong knowledge of the natural world are considered strong assets.
– Experience with the Forest School model as well as play-based learning, risky play, loose parts, inquiry-based learning, and a child centered learning environment.
– Previous experience planning and delivering programming for children in an educational or recreational setting in English and/or French.
– A valid G2 or better driver’s license and driving record deemed acceptable by the RVCA.
– The successful candidate will be required to provide an affirmative “Vulnerable Sector Check”.
– Standard First Aid & CPR certification is an asset.
– Bilingualism is considered a strong asset.
If you enjoy working in the great outdoors, have an enthusiastic attitude towards working with children and have a strong commitment to the environment and the protection of land and water resources, please send us your resume and cover letter. This is an ongoing inventory and qualified candidates will be contacted for assessment as needed.
Human Resources, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
P.O. Box 599, 3889 Rideau Valley Drive, Manotick, Ontario, K4M 1A5
Fax: (613) 692-0831
Visit us on the web at www.rvca.ca
The Rideau Valley Conservation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome all applications; however we will contact only those candidates selected for consideration.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.