Seasonal Full Time Bargaining Unit Position
Semi Skilled Groundsworker
The Grand River Conservation Authority (GRCA) has an international reputation for excellence in managing the natural resources of the largest inland river system in southern Ontario. Encompassing approximately 6,800 square kilometres, the Grand River watershed has a population of almost one million people in 39 municipalities and two First Nations. Designated as a Canadian Heritage River, the Grand River and its major tributaries boast many outstanding human heritage features and excellent recreational opportunities. The GRCA is committed to environmental protection by delivering services that ensure the well-being of the environment and its inhabitants.
The Semi-Skilled Grounds Worker is responsible to perform numerous aspects of operation, maintenance, and minor repair of the required equipment for the landscape maintenance of Authority properties. This position reports to the Supervisor of Central Services.
- Provide semi-skilled labour for the purpose of landscape maintenance on Authority properties.
2. Give work direction and training to staff as required, ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation, policies, and procedures.
3. Provide administrative support to the supervisor in the area of daily record keeping.
4. Operate and perform proper maintenance and minor repairs to required tools and equipment.
5. Carry out other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and at least 6 months of relevant work experience.
2. Proficient knowledge and experience in landscape maintenance.
3. Class A Restricted Licence with ability to operate trucks and trailers up to 11,000 kg GVW.
4. Operation of medium-sized equipment including, but not limited to, specialized mowers, farm tractors and skid-steer loaders, and required implements.
5. Operation of chainsaw, power, and hand-tools as required for basic landscape maintenance.
6. Certifications as required by regulations set out in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The pay range for this position is Job Level 3 $18.37 to $22.98
35 hours per week off season, 40 hours per week peak season
Length of Season: March to December recurring
Approximate Start Date: April 18 2017
To Apply: Please send a resume and covering letter to email@example.com in MS Word or PDF format and quote “Semi Skilled Groundsworker #8340” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 4:00pm Tuesday March 21, 2017
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.