Sierra Club of British Columbia Foundation is a non-profit environmental organization whose mission is to support people stewarding abundant ecosystems and a stable climate, while building resilient, equitable communities. Our overarching goal is to uplift grassroots-led change in response to the climate emergency and ecosystem collapse. To do this, we engage with and learn from diverse communities and knowledge systems, including communities most impacted by the ecological challenges we all face. In particular, we are committed to learning from the governance systems of the Indigenous Nations on whose territories we live and work. Learn more here.
Sierra Club BC is expanding and filling a number of exciting new roles over the coming months. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a growing organization that is in the early stages of implementing its new vision and strategic plan. We pay a living wage to all staff and are committed to justice, diversity, equity and inclusion in both our hiring practices and work environment. We encourage women, people of Indigenous ancestry, people of colour, LGBTQQIP2SA individuals and members of other diverse communities to apply for careers with our organization.
ABOUT YOU AND YOUR ROLE
The Donor Engagement Coordinator works collaboratively to develop and execute engagement and fundraising strategies to meet annual revenue objectives. You’ll report to the Operations Director and work closely with the Manager of Donor Engagement and the communications team.
For you, cooperation and collaboration are not buzzwords—they are central to your approach to getting things done in a genuine team environment. You have a strong commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion and a solid knowledge of environmental issues in B.C.
You are skilled in marketing communications and can use compelling storytelling to motivate potential and existing donors to support Sierra Club BC’s work. You have top notch written and verbal communications skills.
You are the lead in developing and successfully executing strategies to increase one time and recurring revenues from individual donors who fall below our major donor threshold. You are responsible for acquiring new prospects, converting leads to donors, stewarding donors to increase their engagement and contributions, and reactivating lapsed donors. You understand the value of and can leverage data in guiding strategy and decision-making.
You act as the primary writer for email appeals, direct mail, and telephone engagement scripts for prospects, supporters and donors. Working with the Manager of Donor Engagement, you also lay the groundwork for the conversion of existing donors into major donors. You hold the additional responsibility for coordination of several member engagement events throughout the year. This is a 0.8 FTE (30 hours/week) position. Although our office is in Victoria, we encourage applicants willing to work remotely from anywhere in B.C.
· Co-develop, implement and analyze the effectiveness of Sierra Club BC’s annual engagement plan, in support of our Strategic Plan 2020-2023.
· Create and execute effective donor acquisition, recognition and stewardship strategies.
· Working with the Digital Systems Coordinator, design and implement a donor journey framework to move digital supporters along a ladder of engagement.
· Plan, write and deliver fundraising appeals, including direct mail, email-appeals, social media ads and telemarketing scripts.
· Working with Communications staff, co-develop other communications materials to identify and target prospects, and increase engagement and revenue.
· Develop and execute strategies for peer-to-peer and event fundraising.
· Working with the Digital Systems Coordinator, optimize and leverage our Salesforce CRM and associated fundraising and cause-related apps (Causeview, Campaign Monitor, etc.) to maximize engagement and revenue.
· Plan, organize and host a number of supporter and donor events each year, including fundraising and campaign-related events, and our AGM.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Demonstrated ability to set and meet stretch fundraising objectives, evaluate results and develop corrective strategies as required.
· Demonstrated skills and experience as a communicator, especially in the realm of marketing communications.
· Copywriting excellence, especially for fundraising purposes.
· Strategic planning, project management, event management.
· Working knowledge of current and evolving trends in online and offline fundraising.
· Strong computer skills including CRM, EMS, Word, Excel and file management.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information and remain calm under pressure.
· Compensation will conform to Sierra Club BC’s salary grid. Current salary range is $26.32-$28.57 per hour, with annual increases within the range, plus annual cost of living adjustments.
· Initial three weeks of paid vacation per year, with regularly scheduled increases, plus a solid benefits package.
· Opportunities for professional development and training.
How to Apply
· Submit your application with the words “Application for Donor Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com
· NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
Applications will be considered as they are received. The competition will remain open until the position is filled.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.