Contract Duration: 8 Month Contract Position
Under the direction and guidance of a Site Supervisor, Resource Management Projects, and in cooperation with Conservation Lands and Trails project teams, the Field Staff position is responsible for providing general labour and equipment operation support in the delivery of construction and conservation land care projects. Candidates will be exposed to current techniques and best management practices in environmental landscape construction and conservation land care, and the safe operation and maintenance of a wide range of tools and equipment. Working safely is a condition of employment, while providing excellent client and customer service.
Perform the following tasks under direct supervision:
- Provide active operational support to Construction Services sub unit within the Restoration and Infrastructure Division. Will include the physical implementation of multi-use trails, wetlands, shoreline protection, valley and streambank restoration, habitat creation and restoration.
- Provide active, operational support on assigned Land Care Maintenance projects– includes creation and repair of TRCA lands infrastructure including fencing, boardwalks, kiosks, natural surface trails, and mowing and clearing of existing paths.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of assigned tools and equipment.
- Participate in the maintenance of a safe, clean work environment through application of good housekeeping practices and in compliance with the TRCA Health and Safety Policies and all relevant Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation and regulations.
Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in resource management, environmental or engineering science, landscape design, construction or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Valid Ontario G or G2 driver’s licence.
- Standard First Aid / CPR is an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude for outdoor activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions.
- Familiarity with farm, landscape and construction equipment, from small tools to large construction machinery.
To apply to this posting, please visit https://trca.ca/about/careers/. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-081-20 prior to midnight on February 26, 2020.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit trca.ca.