Intermediate/Senior Aquatics Field Biologist
This position can be based out of any of Triton’s offices. Please indicate your preference on your application.
What if you could work alongside inspiring scientists, managers, and thought leaders, using state-of-the-art equipment, with diverse people working toward a common goal? Are you looking for a place where you can be you, a place where you can thrive? Triton might be just what you’re looking for.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (“Triton”) is seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Intermediate/Senior Aquatics Field Biologist to join a well-established team of environmental professionals based out of any of our office locations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading field programs and providing technical support to project managers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading aquatic and/or terrestrial field programs
- Supervising and training junior field staff
- Providing technical leadership within a team environment
- Liaising with on-site client representatives and contractors
- Data collection, compilation, and reporting
- Working collaboratively within Triton corporate culture
- Must be able to travel and work remotely for durations of up to 2 weeks at a time.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Skills and qualifications include:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biology or related field
- R.P Bio or equivalent professional designation, or the immediate eligibility to register for a professional designation
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Technical knowledge in aquatics and/or terrestrial biology
- Extensive field experience leading aquatic and fisheries programs
- Fish sampling experience, using various techniques
- Significant experience with environmental monitoring and/or environmental inspection
- Multi-jurisdictional knowledge of environmental regulations, policies, and permit application processes
- Adept in the operation and maintenance of required field equipment
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Superior problem-solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box
- Proficient in the operation of off-highway vehicles
- Valid driver’s license from a Canadian province or Territory acceptable for driving alone and with passengers in a work setting
- Experience providing monitoring and/or inspection services on pipeline construction projects considered an asset
- Experience operating boats, including jet-drive, considered an asset
About Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd.:
Triton is an environmental consulting firm with over 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. Triton is known for being technically strong and pragmatic in its approach and having a safety-focused and people-first culture. Triton’s multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management. We apply this wide range of expertise in providing practical environmental solutions to our clients. Triton has offices in Triton has offices in Vancouver, Vernon, Prince George, Terrace, Kitimat, Prince Rupert, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, and Saskatoon, and is now expanding to Guelph and Halifax.
Triton is growing and looking for the next generation of professionals to take us to the next level. We will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We also offer a competitive wage and benefits package, including medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, and pension matching.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: April 17, 2023 (Will be extended as required)
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.triton-env.com.